Ready for the WEEKEND CHALLENGE? Every week we post a challenge for the weekend! This WEEKEND’s CHALLENGE is to see how long you can hold the plank position! This is a tough one!
If you do a plank correctly, there are several benefits.
The Top 5 Benefits of Doing Planks:
1. Works your upper & lower abs, your obliques and your lower back.
2. Builds your stabilizer muscles.
3. Helps build the strength you need for pushups.
4. Promotes good posture and helps prevent back injuries.
5. Teaches your abs to stay contracted in a regular standing position.
How to do a Plank:
1. Go into a pushup position.
2. Support yourself on your elbows instead of your hands (see picture).
3. Contract your abs to keep yourself up and to prevent your booty from sticking up.
4. Keep your back flat. Your body should be in a long, straight line.
5. Hold it as long as you can. Aim for at least 20-30 sec. and then work up to a min. as you get stronger.
Let us know how you do! Have a great weekend!