Slow Cooker Chicken Black Bean Tacos
Today’s recipe is a slow cooker recipe. I love slow cooker recipes!
Dinner time is always busy at our house. It’s so nice to make something in the morning and have it ready at night.
We made this recipe on Tuesday night. It was really good. Our girls love black beans. This was perfect for them! It had a great flavor, and it was really easy to make. I love SkinnyTaste! They have great recipes. I recommend this one!
What you Need:
- 12 oz raw skinless chicken tenders or breast
- 15 oz can low sodium black beans, drained and rinsed (Goya)
- 10 oz can tomatoes with mild green chiles (I used Rotel)
- 1 1/8 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 tsp plus 1/8th tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1 medium scallion, diced
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro (optional)
For the Slaw:
- 1 1/3 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar (or lime juice)
- salt and black pepper, to taste
For the Taco:
- 12 crisp corn taco shells
Optional toppings: (not calculated)
- pico de gallo
- 1 medium haas avocado, sliced (+ add 2 pts per serving)
Season chicken with pinch of salt, garlic powder, oregano, 1/8 tsp of the chili powder and 1/8th tsp cumin.
Add the beans and tomatoes to the crock pot and season with the remaining chili powder and cumin. Place chicken in the crock pot and cover. Cook on HIGH 2 hours.
Meanwhile, combine shredded cabbage with vinegar (add more to taste), seasonwith salt to taste; set aside.
Remove chicken from the crock pot and shred with two forks. Drain beans and transfer to a platter, or back to the crock pot to keep warm. Top with shredded chicken, scallions and cilantro.
To serve, warm the taco shells according to package directions. Fill with equal amounts of bean and chicken mixture. Top with cabbage and your favorite toppings.
Servings: 4 • Size: 3 tacos • Old Points: 6 pts • Points+: 8 pt (10 w avocado)
Calories: 313 • Fat: 8 g • Carb: 41 g • Fiber: 8 g • Protein: 22 g • Sugar: 4 g
Sodium: 716 mg (without added salt)