It’s Recipe Wednesday! Every Wednesday we share a healthy recipe! This week’s recipe is from Skinnytaste.com and AllRecipes.com! It’s sooo good! We made it last week, and it was delish! Highly recommend it! It is a great family meal too. Pesto Chicken and Garlic Red Potatoes! Yum!!
Our 3-year-old, Allie, isn’t a fan of chicken in general, and she took a few bites! I was proud of her. She like the potatoes and peas! Let us know what you think!
Skinny Chicken Pesto Bake
Servings: 4 • Size: 1 piece
What you’ll need:
- 2 (16 oz total) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 4 tsp Skinny Basil Pesto
- 1 medium tomatoes, sliced thin
- 6 tbsp (1.5 oz) shredded reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp grated parmesan cheese
What to do:
- Wash chicken and dry with a paper towel. Slice chicken breast horizontally to create 4 thinner cutlets. Season lightly with salt and fresh pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line baking sheet with foil or parchment for easy clean-up.
- Place the chicken on prepared baking sheet. Spread 1 tsp of skinny pesto over each piece of chicken.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Remove from oven;top with tomatoes, mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Bake for an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
To Grill: Grill chicken over medium flame on both sides until cooked through in the center. Lower flame, top chicken with tomatoes and cheese, and close grill until cheese melts.
Calories: 236 • Fat: 11.5 g • Carbs: 2.5 g • Fiber: 0.5 g • Protein: 28.5 g • Sugar: 0 g
Sodium: 491 mg (without salt)
Red Garlic Potatoes
What you Need:
- 2 pounds red potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place potatoes in an 8×8 inch baking dish
- In a small bowl combine melted butter, garlic, salt and lemon juice; pour over potatoes and stir to coat. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over potatoes.
- Bake, covered, in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes, or until golden brown
Calories: 279 • Fat: 12.2 g • Carbs: 39.6 g • Fiber: 4.6 g • Protein: 5.3 g