It’s Recipe Wednesday! We post a healthy recipe on our blog every Wednesday! This week’s recipe is from Body Beast, one of Beachbody’s newest workouts! We had this for dinner last night. It was so good, and easy to make!
BODY BEAST’S EASY CHICKEN FAJITAS
Makes 4 servings, 2 fajitas each
Total time: 36 min. / Prep. time: 30 min. / Cooking time: 6 min.
What you need:
-1 tsp. of chili powder
– 1/2 tsp. sea salt
– 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
– 1/2 tsp garlic powder
– 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided use
– 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound total) cut into 1/2 in. strips
– 1 med. green pepper, cut into thin strips
– 1 small onion, thinly sliced
– 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
– 8 small corn or whole wheat tortillas
– 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
– Fresh salsa (optional)
– Lime wedges (optional)
What to do:
1. Combine chili powder, salt, cumin, garlic powder and 1 tsp. olive oil in a large resealable plastic bag
2. Add chicken, bell pepper, and onion; mix gently to coat. Refrigerate for 15 min.
3. Heat remaining 1 tsp. oil in large nonstick skillet over medium – high heat. Empty contents of bag into skillet and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 6 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
4. Remove from heat; add lime juice and stir.
5. Heat tortillas in pan on stovetop, or in microwave.
6. Serve fajitas with warm corn tortillas, avocado, salsa and lime wedges.
Calories: 321 / Fat: 9 g / Cholesterol: 73 mg / Sodium: 678 mg / Carbohydrate: 31 g / Fiber: 6 g / Sugar: 2 g / Protein: 29 g
NEED HELP GETTING RID OF BAD EATING HABITS?
Join our Clean Slate Challenge!
NEW CLEAN SLATE CHALLENGE!
Get rid of your bad eating habits once and for all!
WHEN: Mon., Oct. 1
COMMITMENT: 30 days
SHAKEOLOGY: Use daily
R.S.V.P.- Comment on this post or email us at GolladayFit at gmail.com to join!